Who can adopt?
You will need to have a child-friendly lifestyle, provide a stable environment and be ready for the challenge and lifelong commitment of adoption.
You will also need time, patience, love and resilience to help a child reach their full potential. We welcome adoptive parents from a wide range of backgrounds as it helps us to match them with children who have very varied needs. We are open to applicants from all backgrounds regardless of age, race, religion, ethnicity, gender or sexuality.
Couples, single people, disabled people and people from all cultures are welcome.
We are particularly looking for parents who can offer a home to children of all ages who:
- Are part of a sibling group.
- Are disabled or have a medical condition.
- Have complex needs.
- Are from different ethnic or cultural backgrounds.
You must be:
- Over 21 and mature enough to meet the demands of parenthood.
- Fit and well enough to care for children until they are adults.
- Able to offer a secure home with a spare room for one or more children.
You do not have to be a home owner.